Thread: C# getting running Excel Application

C# getting running Excel Application

I want to open a file from a Class in C# using a Process, I know that it is easy to embed an excel workbook (spreadsheet) in a .Net Winform program therefore I have created a Word and PowerPoint Application object, i tried to open it to check the changes made are proper but when I try to create one for Excel, I get the build error:

"Cannot create an instance of the abstract class or interface 'interface'"

The real problem arises when there is a stand-along Excel application already running before launching an Excel-embedded Winform. I even added code to the Service that opens a binary .dat file from the hard drive (not in Isolated Storage) and reads in some arbitrary values - this works fine under the console application and Windows Service, thereby proving the Windows Service has elevated trust.

Re: C# getting running Excel Application

To fill a multi-cell range without populating cells one at a time, you can set the Value property of a Range object to a two-dimensional array. The standard way to create an event handler is to use the Handles keyword with the WithEvents keyword. When you declare a variable by using the WithEvents keyword, Visual Basic .NET automatically connects to the events of that object at run time.

Try using a string literal, my research shows that automation is an issue with Windows Server 2008, specifically the 64-bit version. you may also search at the following location,

startInfo.Arguments = @"C:\Users\un\Desktop\file with space"

There are a number of different ways to programmatically extend, to automate, to integrate, or to use Office in your development solution.

The .NET-managed languages use common data type system in the common language runtime.
    1. Build the Automation Client for Microsoft Excel
    2. Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
    3. On the File menu, click New, and then click Project. Select Windows Application from the Visual C# Project types. Form1 is created by default.
    4. Add a reference to Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library in Visual Studio 2005 or Microsoft Excel Object Library in Visual Studio .NET. To
      do this, follow these steps:
      • On the Project menu, click Add Reference.
      • On the COM tab, locate Microsoft Excel Object Library, and then click Select.