Thread: How to control WPF Webbrowser

How to control WPF Webbrowser

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. Currently i'm working with WPF application on my system. The problem is that when i try to load Google Map on a web browser it gives out the following error message saying "CURRENT WEB BROWSER DOES NOT SUPPORT FLASH" on my desktop screen. Whereas i'm able to load the same in web browser control in .NET2.0(2005). So can any body tell me that why i'm facing such problem on my system. Can any body tell me that how do i control WPF Webbrowser? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly provide me the correct solution for teh above issue.

Re: How to control WPF Webbrowser

There is much functionality of the native Web Browser control that our managed wrapper does not yet expose. So according to me you should go for Silverlight application as it opposed to Flash. For you information WPF and Silverlight integrate seamlessly.

The WPF WebBrowser Control is not real WPF, it is a Winforms control wrapped in WPF. You need to install .net 3.5 SP1. Due to version issues this control is still added to the PresentationFramework.dll and version still stays the same 3.0 even after the upgrade to 3.5 SP1.

It is a great way for WPF to host Silverlight content, for that you just need to point it at the Silverlight .XAP file. Are you using gmaps version for Flash? Gmaps + flash is useful only if you have some complex animations/drawings to overlay on the map or if you want really smooth panning and zooming.