Thread: Mail merge in outlook 2007 by category

jade Guest

Mail merge in outlook 2007 by category

Hi,
    friends i don't have a vast knowledge in this thing,so am posting this content here since am a in the basic level my computer with windows XP has Ms office and outlook 2007 running on it.i tired to request mail merge with existing document., followed by mail merge group I pick the
    mail merge group in outlook while my Outlook with the category open that I want to merge.But am not able to select the category and
    all my contacts merge.i need help from your part

any help should be brilliant..!!

Re: Mail merge in outlook 2007 by category

If you've prepared a mail merge in Word, you know that it can be time consuming process in order to get the list. But if you make your contacts in Outlook with aiming to do a mail merge, appending categories or consistently adding specific, useful merge fields you can notice that it's simple to tailor those contacts into a list for mail merge. A single filtered view is all that it takes to whittle down even a large collection of contacts to a useful mailing-list source.

First you have to set up the e-mail message .The main document should include the text and graphics that are the same for each e-mail message.after that
    connect the e-mail message document to your address list.It is a file that contains the e-mail addresses where the messages will be sent.Your address list is the data source that Word uses in the mail merge.now you can refine the
    the list of recipients or items.When you perform the mail merge, the mail merge fields are filled with information from your address list.you can Preview and now complete the merge.

Try to separate contacts folders should provide the functionality you seek,rather than merging to a category..It is not important that you have to make a separate Contacts Folder for a mail merge if you begin the merge from Outlook. First select the category, and do the merge to "selected Contacts."