Thread: Update Panel on Modal Popup

Update Panel on Modal Popup

HI, good morning everyone

Currently am working with a modal popup,in which just want to make an update panel.i have a text box, button and a label,Inside my update pane.am trying to enter some value into the text box,then following a click in the button,i would be able to see that value in the label.and am getting my value back and it gets displayed in the label.
    My difficulty is that the styles of modal popup get completely messing up on the first load of the modal popup,as soon as i click on the button, i get this black box with no styles around,and the main page gets.now i need to resolve the issue,can't make use of my update panel inside the modal popup,need help from your part..

any thoughts guys?
    thanks for reading me

Re: Update Panel on Modal Popup

Well i had same problem as like yours 2 months back. and after a hard time i fixed it and then only i just recognized it is not a major issue what i did was,me changed the Update Panel's UpdateMode to "Conditional" the parent UpdatePanel doesn't post back when ever the child UpdatePanel posts back, and then nesting them is not a problem at all as far as am concerned,but i can't say that why the option updateMode is "Always" is the default option

It is sounds like me you have two UpdatePanels there, first one must be GridView the other contains the Modal PopupPanel in order to explore your selection. and i believe that the error would be comes because of you been fired the SelectedIndexChanged event of the GridView
    also am thinking about the UpdatePanelB which lacks a fit trigger.

The Modal Extender quits when anything inside it causes a postback to itself. It's a limitation unless you override the actual event doing the postback and force it to reopen the extender. The idea behind the popup is to mainly display static or quick forms that don't need any postbacks directly.You are only able to drag the popup over parts of the page which have already been rendered.