Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009

How to forward page using php

How to set a page forward to another automatically? I'm making form using php which sends the result to another page say result.php , i want result to display on another page by automatically forward the user's browser to another page. How can i achieve this? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-07-2009

Re: How to forward page using php

I think you'll need to add the following script line to forward:

Quote:
<?
echo "<script language=\"javascript\">window.location=?
?>
Old 08-07-2009

Often, forwarding web pages is done with .htaccess. But sometimes you don't want to mess with editing .htaccess (or you may not have access to it). You can do HTML forwarding, but PHP allows you to use a more transparent method (and you'd like to retain referrer information). Just edit the code below and add it to the page in question.

Code:
<?php
  header("Location: http://domain.tld/page.php");
?>
Old 08-07-2009

Remember that header() must be called before any actual output is sent, either by normal HTML tags, blank lines in a file, or from PHP. It is a very common error to read code with include(), or require(), functions, or another file access function, and have spaces or empty lines that are output before header() is called. The same problem exists when using a single PHP/HTML file.

Code:
<html>
<?php
/* This will give an error. Note the output
 * above, which is before the header() call */
header('Location: http://www.example.com/');
?>
Source: http://in2.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,