Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009

How to split large mysql database

Hey guys, i have a sql database and i need a script to backup my database and compress it and send the compressed file to my email account.
however some email account like gmail does not support emails larger than 20MB. so , it should be split and each part sent in separate email. Any idea how can i do this?
Old 08-07-2009

Re: How to split large mysql database

To split the sql data base, you don't need any special software for that, just you need to open sql database file in the notepad file and cut and paste chucks of sqls to other notepad files. Save them and thn Import. Just you have to keep in mind that while cutting and paste chunks each begin and end with complete sql inserts. You can find the end by looking for the beginning of another insert table command. And the most important thing you should do is Don't export the data in the phpbb_search_wordlist table. This alone would account for half of your total database size. Export only the table structure for this table.
Old 08-07-2009

Import Large MySQL data dump with BigDump
  1. Enter database/login info into BigDump PHP script
  2. Upload script file and MySQL datafile to writable, web-accessible directory on your website.
  3. Run the script by navigating to your website URL containing the BigDump script.

Result: Script loads data by breaking the large file into smaller chunks and loading each chunk separately into the database. Very smooth.
Old 08-07-2009

Use SQL Dump File Splitter , This is very useful and a great tool. It helped me also a while back. if your phpMyAdmin has a SQL filesize limit and you have a huge backup to restore, then this is the ideal database tool for you. You can also choose to skip Comment-Lines and also set the filesize of each partition. And also see this thread : How to email a very large file?

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,