Thread: Merging duplicate names not rows copy rows into new workbook each time VBA Excel 2003

Merging duplicate names not rows copy rows into new workbook each time VBA Excel 2003

So I'm clueless about programming, almost clueless. I'm given this excel workbook where there are a list of names and a list of other details (columns). There are names repeated but not all rows have names.

For example (not allowed to upload excel file) - original excel file
    INSERTS HEADER
    Aaron | detail A | detail B | detail C | detail D
    | detail A | detail B | detail C | detail D
    Betty | detail A | detail B | detail C | detail D
    Betty | detail A | detail B | detail C | detail D
    Aaron | detail A | detail B | detail C | detail D
    Cathy | detail A | detail B | detail C | detail D

yeah so on and so forth. So you can see that aaron has 2 count but four rows, betty has 2 counts and 2 rows and cathy has 1 count but 2 rows. How do I do it such that for each name, I merge the names into 1 count without merging the rows AFTER copying the header over. It's a loop right? Also, each name copied out must be copied into a new workbook.

I'm going nuts on the amount of research done online because I don't understand the codes provided. So i would really appreciate if the comments are left next to the line of code to explain. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Re: Merging duplicate names not rows copy rows into new workbook each time VBA Excel 2003

I don't have much Idea about VBA programming in Excel 2003 but I still can easily found this application which is what you are looking for.
    Duplicate Remover for Microsoft Excel you can easily remove duplicates from your Microsoft Excel worksheets or find unique entries. Once duplicates are found, you can delete, select, color or copy them, or move to another location (new workbook, new / existing worksheet).

Just Google what you need to do & I am sure you will find a lot of products or application programs you are looking for excel 2003.
    I hope this helps you.

Re: Merging duplicate names not rows copy rows into new workbook each time VBA Excel 2003

Quote Originally Posted by rupak View Post
    I don't have much Idea about VBA programming in Excel 2003 but I still can easily found this application which is what you are looking for.
    Duplicate Remover for Microsoft Excel you can easily remove duplicates from your Microsoft Excel worksheets or find unique entries. Once duplicates are found, you can delete, select, color or copy them, or move to another location (new workbook, new / existing worksheet).

Just Google what you need to do & I am sure you will find a lot of products or application programs you are looking for excel 2003.
    I hope this helps you.
    hi there thanks for replying! The solution you provided is kind of perfect buttt i'm looking more for codes wise. Any solutions? Do you know how i can search through a column to look for duplicates (after filtering) and merge the cells/delete the value of cells without merging the rows.

Also, how do i set the code to detect "value" (blank)x2349832 to the next "value"