Thread: SQL 2008 Cluster Adding Analysis Services

SQL 2008 Cluster Adding Analysis Services

Hello
    On my Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition am with two node SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition cluster.and now i wish to append SSAS to the current cluster installation.but the thing is that it fails stating that the instance is clustered and to choose another instance.while i try to by "New Installation or Add features,on the rule check at the end of the install wizard.So any one here to help me out to install SSAS to an existing cluster installation with out major issues
    any helps would be greatly received
    thanks in advance

Re: SQL 2008 Cluster Adding Analysis Services

Instead of the typical install process change the list of installed programs populates, locate Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and click.optthe instance you're going to alternate and select Database Engine.you are also free to change to the Workstation Components from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

To install a new component,browse or enter the location of the setup.exe file and click OK. perform system checks and launch the installation wizard.If warnings or errors arefound at this point you may need to quit the installation, resolve the issues, and restart the installation from the start.Select Reporting Services from the listing of components available for installation or upgrading. you'll now be prompted for the account you wish to run Reporting Services under..At this point you've given all the data that the setup program needs to perform the installation on the existing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 instance.also able to configure Reporting Services at this time. completion of the install via use of the Reporting Services Configuration Tool can do in the same manner.

Me too had same problem just like you mentioned and never succeeded in adding Analysis Services to the existing SQL instance.Finally i understood i better had to add Analysis Services as a separate named instance
    Ultimately what worked was installing a second instance of SQL Server with Replication components on the same box, then going through Control Panel to change the default instance. then i was able to install the Replication components successfully.

Installing a clustered install of SQL is simple as far as my concern. but remember after you setuping the cluster you need to simply run through the SQL 2000 installer.so that it will recognize that clustering has been setup and will prompt you to set it up as a clustered install.

It doesn't seem like anybody is actually reading your question. I'm having this exact issue trying to add SSAS to an existing clustered SQL 2008 instance, with the same error. Have you found a solution yet?