Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009

Building forum in ASP.NET & C# need suggestions

Hello

I need some help guys. Suggestions & thoughts
I am trying to build a forum with ASP.net & C#, I want to know if you guys have any suggestion s for me/
I really at the beginning of my project & it will be better to know about the php & MySQL setup too.
Please help me find a good tutorial or guide for ASP.Net & C#.

Is it a better idea to have asp.net & C# or I should go for open source like drupal, php & my sql environment?
Old 01-07-2009

Re: Building forum in ASP.NET & C# need suggestions

I would suggest you to first try & learn ASP.net & C# first & along side you can have some experience with php & Mysql on trial & error basis .
I think this will let you know the idea of forums & if you can then connect the ASP.net front end with mysql it will allow you to pass some queries & lean to insert & update data in your database fom asp.net front end & you can incorporate C# & SQL later if you need.
Try to build a forum on learning level first.
If you can google you will find a lot of free & really helpful sites to learn ASP.net & C#.

All the best!
Old 01-07-2009

Re: Building forum in ASP.NET & C# need suggestions

Here is a site you can use as reference.
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/asp...-introduction/
I hope this helps you!

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,