Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-06-2009

How to Open up excel Workbook

I have a project in which, the code I will use which will act as Workbook to Open event to open all the Excel files that are stored in a specified folder. I want to open a workbook where I can write some data and later on the user wants to save it or not, depends on the user. Similar to the manual opening of workbooks and then saving them.Also please let me know if there would be any other way to open two different excel workbooks side by side?
Old 30-06-2009

Re: How to Open up excel Workbook

You may use the following code to display it on your VB code, the code is also as simple.

Code:
Dim MyXL As New Excel.Application
MyXL.Workbooks.Open Filename:="D:My DocumentsMyWorkBook1.xls"
MyXL.Visible = True
In the macro you can specify the file path or leave it blank and access will prompt the user where to save the Excel file. Then in Auto Start select Yes. In your code above use the DoCmd.RunMacro "NameOfMacro".Right click at an empty area of the task bar, and from the cpntext menu. Choose Tile windows virtically (or horizontally). Before closing the windows, remember to untile.
Old 30-06-2009

Re: How to Open up excel Workbook

GenerateCSVReport, does essentially the same thing but creates a CSV file that will, of course, also load into Excel. Create a sheet template for new worksheets, Then you go to the General Tab under Tools, Options and set it to open from My Documents or what ever folder you have the sheet in. Then you change the alternate startup file location (located under tools-options-general)to that path (c:\program files\microsoft office\office\xlstart\workbook.xls). Excel wouldn't open that up under alternate startup file location. Once I saved it as a regular .xls file it work!

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,