Thread: How to create a forum for your website

How to create a forum for your website

I want to enter to the world of WWW by introducing my website. I am very much interested in sharing knowledge by sitting at my place. After some research for this I came to know that creating a Forum is the best solution for my needs. So how can I create a new Forum for my website? What all things do I need?

Re: How to create a forum for your website

There are basically two possibilities in order to create a new forum for your own website: You can either outsource already created board which is hosted by a third party site, or you can create a new Forum on your own domain and on your own server. I hope you might be thinking of the later one. Definitely because you might be thinking of to have the full access and control of your website and do not want anyone else interruption. So you can move on with building the Forum on your website using various software's available among which vBulletin is widely used and most popular. It is the simplest forum software available and easy to use.

For running a forum, you basically need a domain (which you said that you have one), a server to store the database and the last a software for user interface. The first two is very easy to find one. Now for a software to build a forum, there are several option available some of which include phpBB, vbulletin, SMF and much more. Our site (forums.techarena.in) is created using vbulletin. It is very easy to manage. Just use anyone of it. If you find any difficulty then feel free to ask here.

Creating your own free forum is a simple and practical way of sharing information and ideas. There are many free forum scripts that help you create a forum in a few clicks. You simply need to download and install some files to make your forum appear online. A forum consists of posts, or messages, that are added by forum members. For organizational purposes the posts are categorized into topics, or threads. Each topic, or thread, is further categorized into a group. Each group can be referred to as a forum. Since its creation, phpBB has become the most widely used Open Source forum solution. phpBB is a popular free and open-source forum application that comes free with majority of the free web hosting companies out there.