Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-06-2009

powershell remotely restart windows service

I have a project requirement in Python web application which will run as windows services later, one of the main requirement is that the powershell should automatically restart the services, I have a batch file to deploy this application, but I'm still having to remote desktop in to the server to restart the service. Is there any way to script this? Thanks for your help.
Old 30-06-2009

Re: powershell remotely restart windows service

If you are well versed with the Python the you could use the sc command-line tool but i don't know how to do it specifically in python.Learning names of commands and command parameters is a significant time investment with most command-line interfaces. SC is a command line program used for communicating with the NT Service Controller and services. USAGE: sc [command] [service name]
Old 30-06-2009

Re: powershell remotely restart windows service

When you work with a new command or parameter, you cannot generally use what you already know; you have to find and learn a new name. If you look at how interfaces grow from a small set of tools with incremental additions to functionality, it is easy to see why the structure is nonstandard. With command names in particular, this may sound logical since each command is a separate tool, but there is a better way to handle command names.

Commands that take parameters have irregular parameter specifications. You cannot use the net start command to start a service on a remote computer. The sc command will start a service on a remote computer, but to specify the remote computer, you must prefix its name with a double backslash.

for more information:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../dd315315.aspx

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,