Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-06-2009

How can i stop a PHP Script

I am having a PHP script that is gone annoying for me. It is doing a repetitive act several times or simply involves a lot of number crunching or similar. Also some times i am afraid it may get time out. How can i stop my PHP script getting time out ? Please help..
Old 29-06-2009

Re: How can i stop a PHP Script

First you should consider a manuscript that more than 30 seconds into place requires a suitable web server, but if there is a special instance where it is, or indeed if you have PHP on your local server / machine operation shall you can adjust the following settings:-

Quote:
<?php
set_time_limit(500);//increase time out to 500 seconds
?>
Also Flush the output buffer. Flushes the output buffers of PHP and whatever backend PHP is using (CGI, a web server, etc). This effectively tries to push all the output so far to the user's browser. flush() has no effect on the buffering scheme of your web server or the browser on the client side. Thus you need to call both ob_flush() and flush() to flush the output buffers. Several servers, especially on Win32, will still buffer the output from your script until it terminates before transmitting the results to the browser.
Old 29-06-2009

I think you need to use use echo and flush.flush() has no effect on the buffering scheme of your web server.Even the browser may buffer its input before displaying it. Netscape, for example, buffers text until it receives an end-of-line or the beginning of a tag, and it won't render tables until the </table> tag of the outermost table is seen.

Some versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer will only start to display the page after they have received 256 bytes of output, so you may need to send extra whitespace before flushing to get those browsers to display the page.
Old 29-06-2009

Thanks mate for the quick help and sharing this valuable code. I increased the time out session to 500 and i hope it'll continue to work fine. Thank you again.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,