Thread: Windows scripting language

Windows scripting language

Hi

I am currently in Bsc.IT . In my college i m working on windows scripting language project. so i am searching information on that topic if you have information about windows scripting language please post it for me

Thanks

Re: Windows scripting language

Windows Script provides an extensive array of supporting technologies that makes it easier for script users to script Windows applications. Windows Script provides two script engines, Visual Basic Scripting Edition and Microsoft JScript, which can be embedded into Windows Applications. Windows Script is a comprehensive scripting infrastructure for the Microsoft Windows platform.

Windows applications and processes may be automated using a script in Windows Script Host. Viruses and malware may attempt to use this ability as an exploit. Consequently, some suggest disabling it for security reasons. Alternatively antivirus programs may offer features to control .vbs and other scripts which run in the WSH environment.

VBScript is a useful tool for system administrators is that you do not have to create such elaborate and complicated solutions. You can instead spend a few minutes typing a handful of lines of code into Notepad, and instantly create a custom solution to a particular problem.

Retrieving Free Disk Space Using VBScript
    Code:
    Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:")
    Set objLogicalDisk = objWMIService.Get("Win32_LogicalDisk.DeviceID='c:'")
    Wscript.Echo objLogicalDisk.FreeSpace
    If you have been having problems with users filling up drive C on their computers, you now have a custom solution for identifying the computers running low on disk space, a solution developed using nothing more sophisticated than Notepad.