Thread: Setup a pay for download website service

Setup a pay for download website service

Hi

I want to setup a download site. The download not free. I want to setup a pay system for every download or say click. There will be free downloads too.
    The problem is I am alright with having a web server but technically am not that sound so I am trying to get some suggestions from you guys.

Please let me know want do I need to setup such a pay par download? What are the loopholes? & the most Important What site structure I need? I mean the database & application?

Re: Setup a pay for download website service.

I must say if you need to setup such site then you need to setup a strong shopping cart application website.
    I think you must go for PHP & MySQL environment.
    How to Set Up an Online Shopping Cart
    1. Research available shopping cart companies or software. If this is your first time providing online sales, Buy shopping cart software and host it yourself.
    2. Find the online shopping cart that is right for your company. Prices vary depending on the available shopping cart options. For a new website, use a cheaper cart with basic options. Many cart suppliers have levels of membership and options to choose from.
    3. Sign up for a shopping cart service. You need your company's information, including the banking information, so the service can deposit online transactions into your account. You also need to set up a user name and password. Write down your password and store it in a safe place in case you forget it.
    4. Set up your cart. Enter item information and prices into the appropriate form on the cart's website or in the cart's software.
    5. Add the shopping cart to your website. Either copy and paste the button information onto your website or add a hyperlink that leads to the cart to your website.
    6. Upload your website to the server and wait for sales to come in.
    For more details