Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-06-2009

Vbscript search array

I'm looking for search array in Vbscript. So, can any body tell me that where would i find vbscript search array? Where can i find it in Vbscript? Does any body knows about it?? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Would be grateful to you, if any body provide me the correct solution for the above issue.
Old 19-06-2009

Re: Vbscript search array

I'm not sure about the particular code, but may work out for you.

Quote:
Dim sSearchString 'as String
Dim MyArray(3) 'as String
MyArray(1) = "Group1"
MyArray(2) = "Group2"
MyArray(3) = "Group3"
sSearchString = "Group2"

For a = 1 to UBound(MyArray)
If MyArray(a) = sSearchString Then MsgBox MyArray(a)
Next
Old 19-06-2009

I think you need to create a zero-based string array by using the Split function. The Join function is used to reassemble the string after applying the Filter function. The Filter function searches the elements of a zero-based array, to match a pattern of one or more characters, and creates a new array, either with or without the elements containing the matched pattern.
Old 19-06-2009

For that i think you can use ASP Vbscript Array filter function. As in ASP, vbscript array filter function enables you to search the array items based on the filter criteria. Vbscript filter function returns the vbscript array having matched items containing the specified string pattern. You can control the result output of vbscript filter function whether you want to include the matched items in the output vbscript array or exclude the matched items. Further in ASP Vbscript code you can use the vbscript for loop or for each loop to read the array items at each index.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,