Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-06-2009

Command to find size of a directory

Hi,

Is there any command that will tell me the size of the complete Directory including the sub directories & all the files in linux?

Thanks in advance
Old 17-06-2009

Re: Command to find size of a directory

Considering you need to find the size of directory A & you are already in the directory which contains directory A.

Syntax:
Code:
du -h A | grep A$
I hope this helps!
Old 17-06-2009

Re: Command to find size of a directory

du - Finding the size of a directory
Code:
$ du
Typing the above at the prompt gives you a list of directories that exist in the current directory along with their sizes. The last line of the output gives you the total size of the current directory including its subdirectories. The size given includes the sizes of the files and the directories that exist in the current directory as well as all of its subdirectories. Note that by default the sizes given are in kilobytes.
Fore more details
http://www.codecoffee.com/tipsforlinux/articles/22.html

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,