Thread: unable to open the file - invalid resx file

unable to open the file - invalid resx file

I've been randomly getting this error on a few of my forms, this is happening in a class library DLL form that references a DataSet in the same assembly. If I exclude the form from the project, build the project,and the then include the form, open it up in the designer, then it started working again. Its always the same forms each time and its always in the same place, when i search for the file name it comes to an resx file, Any ideas why this is happening?

Re: unable to open the file - invalid resx file

With the resx file the compiler complained about but rather was to do with a resource in a custom control we'd developed. The control was an outlook style sidebar and they have been added some items to it in the control file itself which finally reference images etc. Have you try to build clean solution to it, it was about not updating new code into builds or using old dll builds. RESX files may have become corrupted since they're largely autogenerated. I suppose my copy of VS could be doing something to my local copies of the RESX files.

Re: unable to open the file - invalid resx file

The .resx resource file format consists of XML entries, which specify objects and strings inside XML tags. One advantage of a .resx file is that when opened with a text editor such as Notepad or Microsoft Word. A .resx file contains a standard set of header information, which describes the format of the resource entries and specifies the versioning information for the XML used to parse the data. If you need to retrieve the names and values of the resources in a .resx file, use a ResXResourceReader. You cannot embed a .resx file in a runtime executable or compile it into a satellite assembly. You must convert your .resx file into a .resources file using the Resource File Generator (Resgen.exe).