Thread: How to decrypt windows registry in c#

How to decrypt windows registry in c#

I need some help in solving the query. I had decided to use the encryption and decryption feature in my .net to secure my data. I want to add a password in the database and on the same hand retrieve it from it whenever required. What code do I required for this. What is the best practice for this issue. Kindly list the steps to perform this action. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: How to decrypt windows registry in c#

I think that you want to first encrypt a password in your database then it will be stored on your users machine. Here there are multiple possibilities that your users can get your file make a copy of it an decrypt you password. It is actually recommended that you must move it to the user control. Other thing System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData is an kind of system.security assembly that uses some of the windows api's to encrypt the data with the password only which is stored in it.

It is a matter of concerned that in the current time it important to encrypt and decrypt the data for security purpose. I had mentioned some samples of class which will help to do the work. The list below denotes the class which will call upon a function to encrypt or decrypt data in the c# environment. The first one in the list encrypts a byte array with a key. And then an IV and returns a byte array. The second on here encrypts a string with password and so on returns a string. The third on here encrypts a byte array with a password and returns a byte array. And the last one encrypts a file with a password and writes the encrypted bytes in a different file.
    • byte[] Encrypt(byte[] clearData, byte[] Key, byte[] IV)
    • string Encrypt(string clearText, string Password)
    • byte[] Encrypt(byte[] clearData, string Password)
    • void Encrypt(string fileIn, string fileOut, string Password)

It is better to encrypt data base for security issues. There are many options like ssl, encrypt/decrypt with c#, etc. There is an utility in sql server which can make your website more secure in an easy way. The below listed are some codes which encrypt and decrypt data in sql server. The syntax are as follows :
    Code:
    Declare @Encrypted varbinary(max)
    Declare @Decryptrd varchar(100)
    Open Symmetric Key SecuredKey
    DECRYPTION by Password=N'Password';
    set @Encrypted= EncryptByKey (Key_GUID('SecuredKey'),'Password')
    set @Decryptrd =DecryptByKey (@Encrypted)
    Print @Encrypted
    Print @Decryptrd
    CLOSE SYMMETRIC KEY SecuredKey;
    Now if you refer the above one can see the firs portion is used to create a password or encryption. Then a password is added. And then in the second position the same password is opened for decryption.