Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009

Sharepoint list calculated field unique ID number

I am new to sharepoint development and i'm having a very hard time figuring out my problem. I am using the ID as a unique number for a calculated field for identification number for the project. The problem is, the calculation occurs before the project's addition, so all the new added projects ID becomes P#00000. I have modified the new code so that when a new item is to be added to the project list, another web page will be called called and on this web page I would use sharepoint web services to update my calculated field. So that the correct value is stored there. After it, once it is completed then it should be redirect to the projects main page. Any Idea for the same??
Old 10-06-2009

Re: Sharepoint list calculated field unique ID number

If you are using Microsoft Office Sharepoint Service and you have Sharepoint designer; the other way to do it is to do it in the attached workflow to the list which will be executed automatically when the new project is added...
Old 10-06-2009

I am using WSS 3.0 and not Microsoft Office Sharedpoint Service. Sharepoint designer 2007 is what i use... Can i attach a workflow to list using WSS 3.0? Help!
Old 10-06-2009

Yes, it is fine if you use WSS 3.0, MOSS is not necessary to attach a workflow. Open list with SPD that is containing the sites, click on the list you are using after expanding the lists folder. File > New, go to the SharePoint Content tab and choose Workflow and Blank Workflow. Click OK. Give a name to the workflow and check on "Automatically start this workflow when a new item is created".

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,