Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009

Implement tcplistener for c sharp

I have a intranet ftp server. This server provides ftp downloads to local clients. I want to implement tcplistener for the tcp ports for the downloads. Once the download that is in progress is completed successfully i want to tcp to other service with a specific task id and the service will then start the service which has that specific task id. Any help to accomplish this job? Help!!
Old 10-06-2009

Re: Implement tcplistener for c sharp

WCF or .NET Remoting, or TcpClient & TcpListener, or Socket class, All of these are capable to implement the task, but all of these have strengths and limitations of their own. If the other service which you wan't to trigger off, has its pre-defined protocols, then you would have limited options... It would help us to help you, if you could give an idea what the 'other' service would be like?
Old 10-06-2009

As for now, i just need help and need to know if that would be possible, as i have not yet written the code for the other service. Also i have not yet decided what the service would be. If i start writting the code, what will you all advice...?
Old 10-06-2009

If your other service is capable of listening on the TCP port, by using tcplistener, then your service will be able to connect to the TCPClient... So before you write your code, just keep in mind, the basic fundaments of the tcplistener.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,