Thread: How to define formula to Remove characters from text and leave numbers

How to define formula to Remove characters from text and leave numbers

I have some text in the cells which goes into the other cell now i wanted to split text into other cells so i have tried out some codes to do so,I used those formula in order to create a series of cells. it has been suggested on some blogs but they didn't help me much, Now that I have the series, I need to delete the other part of the formula how do i do that, I have also tried using area code, prefix, and number.

Re: How to define formula to Remove characters from text and leave numbers

If you wanted to remove last two characters from the available or a given contents you may use the following code =LEFT(A2, LEN(A2)-2) this will help you to remove the characters from the text OR else if you wanted to remove the only specific characters from the text such as if you wanted to remove the only the first 5 characters here is the code =RIGHT(A3, LEN(A3)-5).

Hope this serves the purpose.

Re: How to define formula to Remove characters from text and leave numbers

Highlight ALL of the cells in your worksheet (click the button above the 1 and to the left of a pane where the number of rows are.

1. Once you get that you just need to fomat the row now, format cells and then click the protection tab and UNCHECK the locked and hidden boxes.After this, select only the cell or cells where you want the formula to be hidden.
    2. If you wanted to design for more cells then you need to repeat step two, but this time CHECK THE HIDDEN Box for sure, and also the locked if you don't want the person to be able to delete your formula.Now you need to protect the sheet with the changes made to it.
    3. Go to TOOLS and select the protect sheet option. Once you do this, and therefor you are allow to add a password, and also there is a box where you can allow the user of your sheet to perform or not perfom options.