Thread: Public folders between Ms exchange servers

Public folders between Ms exchange servers

Hi,
    I am migrating all my mails from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. Things works great here. There were no issues while performing the action. Now the thing which is irritating me is that the public folder instance is not coming to 0. There is still something pending. I had waited for many days to see weather it is empty but no the scenario here is different. The Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 system manager is not showing the instance in public folder as 0. My users can access the fully replicated database in Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 along with the public folder even when the database in old on is dismounted. Can anyone show me a way how can I bring the instance in my old server to 0. Is it possible to move all the replicas so that I can remove the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 database from the server. Help needed.

Re: Migrating public folders between Ms exchange servers

There are some possibilities which you need to work on for the process you had mentioned in your post. Like check out weather the routing group connector between the old and new server on the admin sites is still in existence. Are you aware of that the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 server are yet available in the replicas list along with all folders which also includes the sub folders also. Do this by using system manager use all task, resend changes and a give the days to long period like around 1000 days to force replications to the new servers.

Why don't you do one thing. Go and dismount your database on the old server and remount it back. Use the diagnostic logging up and check out weather it show any related information for the process. I will recommend you to restart your Microsoft Exchange 2003 server. Or else try a different method to move the database. By this method you can sort out your issue. This method includes moving of folders by running it on one of the 2 shell scripts. You can get this in your exchange server. The location is c:\temp\scripts. The script you will need to use is MoveAllReplicas.ps1. This enable to move all the folder replica from Server1 to Server2. The command to perform the operation is :

Code:
    MoveAllReplicas.ps1 –Server Server1 –NewServer Server2

The most correct option to troubleshoot your public folder replication is the tool called application log. By following the log it will give you exactly the process where the whole thing is breaking down. Just do this at the time of troubleshooting turn on Diagnostics Logging while replicating incoming and outgoing the folders.