Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009

Information syncml asp.net

Hi,
I am running a website on asp.net. The website provides services on vending machine sales and service. So we had to appoint different person on different areas. The most easy way to contact them or provide information is via email. Now here is an more easy way. I had heard about syncml asp.net. I want to equipped my site with this service. What I know about this is that any mobile phone which supports syncml can be updated via my website. So that If want to send a sales report then I will just need to upload it on the website and the other person anywhere will only need to sync his phone with the webpage and get updated. It is really a cool feature. But I want to know more about this. I need a clear idea about syncml asp.net. How can I have it. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2009

Re: Information syncml asp.net

Syncml is an kind of a synchronization engine. It is a .net2.0 application written in c#. It takes full advantage of asp.net by integrating with the Ms IIS server at the IHttpHandler level. The sql server acts as a storage media and asp.net as an web interface. It has multiple features like it supports character sets for eg. cyrillic, diacritic, etc. Just with an SyncMl server account you can add many devices on you web and get updates regularly. By this you can update your task, calenders, phonebooks, events, etc. It is a chargeable service.
Old 06-06-2009

Syncml standa for synchronization markup language. It is referred as open mobile alliance data synchronization and device management. Multiple mobile manufacturing are integrated with the service. Like blackberry, window mobile, etc. It is an most common way to sync you mobile any where on the internet. You can sync you contacts, add task, events, calenders, etc. It is also offers task projects in which you can assign task for specific purposes. It also keeps backup of your mobile
Old 06-06-2009

It is an easy task to have syncml on your site. Only thing you need to do is to create an account in the syncml server. Then you will provided with an user id and password. Syncml also offer a trial period usage service. First use that one and check out weather what more you do with this. It is an great tool for you website according to me. I have a account in it. The best thing it offers that I can sync my mobile phone any where and update my phone. Plus I had also back up my data on it. You can just enter some task in that and get updated on your mobile by opening you website.
Old 06-06-2009

Syncml is an open standard protocol for co-ordination of data between corporate and web server, computers, portable, etc. It use to configure remote device. It supported by more that 500 organization all over the world. It is made for both wireline and wireless services. It is designed on industrial standards like xml, mime, vcard and icalender.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,