Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009

How SEO's are freindly with ASP websites

Some three months before I had designed a website for my publication company. We hired a website guy and a SEO company for the work. The website was great and has all the things which I want. The issue here is that we have more than six hundred pages which includes many things related to publication. Then I noticed that my site does not get that much response from the people. They are visited and crawled very less. Now we going to plan for an another website. But I don't want that same thing happens with the new one. Is SEO's are not enough friendly with ASP's. What point should I take care while doing the job. I need and overview of the above topic. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-06-2009

Re: How SEO's are freindly with ASP websites

ASP.net has many out of box qualities that makes very to easy to display data. This includes pageable gridviews and data grids. But the usl of new page does not change due to the stock paging mechanism that is engaged with javascript which result in postback. This you can see now that this not an SEO friendly figure. The actual reason behind it that your page does not get indexed because googlebot and other search engine crawlers click on the links and look the page as a result. You can use data controls to avoid passed away of your pageable display by search bot. DataList is an optimal solution for this. I will recommend you to use pagedatasource class to handle the paging for DataList. It does its best to specify the data belonging to the current page.
Old 05-06-2009

For the new project you going to work on I suggest you some tips which will help you to index you page more efficiently. I will list some correction which had made to make my websites more friendly with SEO's. tLike I have website ---www.webpage.com/page.aspx?a=1&b=2---. Instead of this I changed it to ---www.webpage.com/page.aspx/a/1/b/2--- .It best practice for multiple url's placed in deep directories. Second thing I will recommend you to consult your SEO company about your issue. They will provide you a proper solution for the same.
Old 05-06-2009

By referring the below you can make your SEO more freindly to ASP. This view are based on asp content management system which will give you an general overview about the relation. Here I being first with the friendly relation between both. Many types of query strings are used by many content management systems to display the product sites. Like just for a small example if the url is something like this --www.myownweb.com/pageno1?id=11. Now there is some problem in this type of address. This is why because they are not very descriptive about the pages they are showing. On the other hand if I correct It to --www.myownweb.com/pageno1. This one you can take as more friendly to SEO's. In the case of file names as compare to other server Ms IIS is more case sensitive. So you need to take care that all the page names should be consistent. This will remove the duplication problems. By reading the post I believe that you can now decide what to do and to take care in order to make your site more friendly with SEO's. Best of Luck.
Old 27-07-2009
sofi

Want to get top 10 positions in Search engine

If you want to get top 10 positions in Search engine you should know about SEO.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization is a strategy to get top search engine ranking which help to your website to more accurately list your site in their Search engine indexing for target keywords related to the page content. Programs for off-page optimization will help your website for search engine indexing.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,