Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009

NODBC on Vista SP1

I am working on Dell computer with Windows Vista SP1 installed. I am using ODBC but having some problem with it. Whenever I connect from Visual Basic project to database, it is unable to connect. Someone recommended me NODBC for my project. Does any one know about this? Can you help me with some information on how to use it?
Old 04-06-2009

Re: NODBC on Vista SP1

Microsoft Navision is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) application that provides an ODBC driver to allow third party applications and reporting tools to access Navision data. The Navision ODBC driver is only available for Windows platform. The current version of Navision is 4. Since Navision version 4 is supplied with an ODBC driver, it isalso described as NODBC in the Navision documentation.
Old 04-06-2009

Installing the Navision 4 ODBC Driver

To install the Navision 4 ODBC Driver, start Navision 4 setup CD. A window screen pops up. Now, click on the Tools menu and then NODBC link. In the next screen, click on NODBC link once again to begin the ODBC driver installation. Just follow the instruction for the installation to complete. Once the installation completes, the Navision 4 ODBC driver will be installed on your computer.

Configuring Your Navision 4 ODBC Driver

To configure the Navision 4 ODBC driver, open Control Panel and select Administrative Tools and then ODBC Data Sources. Click on User DSN tab. You will find Navision Database entry in the list. Click on Configure button. Now follow the same steps as you will do for ODBC driver.
Old 04-06-2009

To connect NODBC with Visual Basic project, you need to create a Data source. To do so, go to control panel than click on Admin Tools than Data source than User DSN and Add. here select Dynamics NAV ODBC driver. And follow the instructions. Hope you will get fix the problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,