Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009

How To Check SQL Syntax in Server

Hello , I Am Using the SQL Server Management Studio , But I Dont How to Check the Syntax For Sql Queries , Can you Tell me How Can i Check the Sql Syntax In Query Analyzer or Is there a way to Check to within or in SQL Server Management Studio It Self , I Want To find Out Syntax Errors , Thanks in advance For Your Replies
Old 04-06-2009

Re: How To Check SQL Syntax in Server

You Can use Mimer SQL Validator All too often people find themselves locked into a specific DBMS because their SQL code doesn't conform to the SQL standard Mimer SQL Validator gives you the low down on your code and helps you by providing a list of lexical units (tokens) and a suggested correction. Also, use the validator to find out exactly which words are vendor-reserved.
Old 04-06-2009

Alternatively i Think there is a Software Called as CAST Which has a free product called Code-Checker that will check your PL/SQL code for you and suggest where there are errors or you could stand some improvement. The checks range from structural to procedural and can pinpoint potential performance issues.I think You Can Use it
Old 04-06-2009

You Can prefix the SQL statement with the word EXPLAIN. This will catch any syntax errors and verify that all the names referenced in the statement are valid. and also in Management Studio, there is a button with a Checkmark on the toolbar. That will syntax check the sql without running it.
Old 04-06-2009

Use the Check push button to parse an SQL statement. Parsing the statement checks it for correct SQL syntax.

To check SQL syntax:
  • Edit the SQL statement in the SQL code view.
  • Click Check. If the SQL code is invalid, an error message window opens.
Old 24-01-2012

We use DIAB (DbaInABox), it has an excellent tool for checking SQL code on Windows SQL Server called SQL code check. It's part of a larger package but hey! lots of extras so not a bad deal.
Old 27-03-2012
openxcellaus

I think DIAB core resources have good powerful properties making them ideal for applications where shock and effect loads could be experienced. It is used for structural members paneling.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,