Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-05-2009
Members

Form feed in Notepad

Hi,

I need your help regarding form feed in notepad. Is it possible in Notepad to Form Feed at a certain point in a text file that I send it created by a VB program ? in simple words, how to insert a page break in a text file so that either Wordpad or Notepad will recognize it ?

Thank you
Old 26-05-2009

Re: Form feed in Notepad

Adding a form feed character Chr$(12) will work. it may work on some printers and not others. I'm not sure in this case but I know it depends on the printer driver as to what each character does. Printers that use continuous paper normally have a form feed button or command that advances the paper to the beginning of the next page.
Old 26-05-2009

Re: Form feed in Notepad

Free text editor program that would recognize form feed characters as page breaks. Wordpad or Notepad is not a good option. it will not gonna work on the PC where the programs are being run, and you will have to change the font before printing it out anyway. Adding a form feed character to the file works perfectly on one of the PC's that is using these programs/files when loading them into WordPad.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,