Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-05-2009

How do i increase PHP Memory using ini_set

I would like to know that how do i increase my PHP memory by using ini_set. Can any body tell me that how can i do it? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the baove issue would be appreciated.
Old 23-05-2009

Re: How do i increase PHP Memory using ini_set

Hey you can try out the following steps in order to increase your PHP memory using ini_set:-

1. Try to locate the php.ini file used by your web server. Then you can use the phpinfo() PHP function to find it. During installation Drupal checks the PHP Memory Limit and if it is less than 16M an error message also provides the path to the php.ini file.
2. Then try to edit the memory_limit parameter in the php.ini file (usually in a section called Resource Limits)
Quote:
memory_limit = 16M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (16MB)
If there is no section already for this, place the above line at the end of the file.
3. Then at last try to restart your Apache.

Note: If you are using XAMPP, there may be two PHP.ini files (one under the PHP directory and the other under Apache/bin). To change your memory limit, edit the file in the XAMPP/Apache/bin directory.
Old 23-05-2009

In sapphire/main.php you can add ini_set('memory_limit', '32M'), which will resolve it for some cases. We can add this in somehow through the installer maybe. Would be a good idea in order to sort out the low memory problems.
Old 23-05-2009

In order to change the memory allocation limit permanently for all PHP scripts running on the server, you need to modify the PHP.INI configuration file
on your server. Then try to search for memory_limit after opening the file in an editor. If the memory_limit doesn?t exist, then try to add the following line. If it?s there, modify the value of the memory_limit:
Quote:
memory_limit = 12M
The 12M sets the limit to 12 megabytes (12582912 bytes). Then, change to the value in order to increase your memory in PHP.
Old 24-05-2009
jennismortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
Hey you can try out the following steps in order to increase your PHP memory using ini_set:-

1. Try to locate the php.ini file used by your web server. Then you can use the phpinfo() PHP function to find it. During installation Drupal checks the PHP Memory Limit and if it is less than 16M an error message also provides the path to the php.ini file.
2. Then try to edit the memory_limit parameter in the php.ini file (usually in a section called Resource Limits)

If there is no section already for this, place the above line at the end of the file.
3. Then at last try to restart your Apache.

Note: If you are using XAMPP, there may be two PHP.ini files (one under the PHP directory and the other under Apache/bin). To change your memory limit, edit the file in the XAMPP/Apache/bin directory.

I do agree with your opinions, it's really a good and flexible job...
Thank you for sharing your information.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,