Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-05-2009
Members

Difference between title tag and <meta name="title">

I want to make a web page for that i have written code for the same but i am very much confused about the two tags that is <title> tag and <meta name="title"> to be used in my code.I have try to ask my friends too about the same there where not able to provide me with a proper solution.Can anyone tell me with which tag should i go for.
Old 19-05-2009

Re: Difference between title tag and <meta name="title">

Title tag is normally used for displaying title at the top of the window and it is also being used for linking any text or giving some important to that content which we have made.It is also important because most of the search engine give them importance too.The syntax of Title tag is as follows

<Title> World is great </title>

For Example

HTML Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Title </title>
</head>

<body>
Insert you content over here
</body>

</html>
Old 19-05-2009

Normally meta tag is being used to provide some more information about the content which you are going to put on you page, which will be used by other companies search engines. Nowadays people use it because many of them have are still indexing meta tag. But there are some company like Google who has stop using on meta tag elements in there search engine so many people are not using this tags any more.
Old 19-05-2009

I would suggest you to use title tag instead of <meta name="title"> because using title tag then your site will be searched my making search engines like Google, Yahoo, IOL etc.But as you know that Google is one of the leading company in search engine then i would suggest you to use title tag because when Google bots will search your Site they would be looking for title tag and not for <meta name="title"> tag.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,