Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-05-2009

Launch Local EXE files via a browser

I want to launch an executable file in its own process, via web request in web service.I have Windows XP operating system on my system. The problem is it gives me an error "The system cannot find the file specified."

Here is some code:

Code:
Process D = new Process(); 

D.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;

D.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
D.StartInfo.FileName = "Web.exe"; 

D.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory = @"c:\windows";

D.Start();
Old 16-05-2009

Re: Launch Local EXE files via a browser

The executable file that you are trying to access is located on the shared network or it is located at web server. Before accessing that folder you have to configure a shared folder on the file server and give the access to Web server. Are you giving proper path if it on the web server, if it is on a network share, use the UNC address of the share.
Old 16-05-2009

To resolve this issue, clear the Start the following program at logon check box. To do this, follow these steps:Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.Right-click the affected user, and then click Properties.Click the Environment tab.Click to clear the Start the following program at logon check box, and then click Ok.
Old 16-05-2009

I have a solution with basic web application with a button on it. The button click code is as follows:

Dim strTmp, strRun As String

strTmp = "\\name of the server\name of the folder\fileName.exe"

Shell(strTmp, AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)?

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,