Thread: Outlook Password does not saved when connecting to an e-mail server

Outlook Password does not saved when connecting to an e-mail server

I used Outlook express to check all my emails, it works fine till last week and it suddenly gives password error problem, Have you forgot your password? do this n that, before this error message appear on my screen i have changed my account password as it was too lengthy to enter but when i changed that during that session it won't give me any problem and when i login with the new password i saved that password on the login page only so that i won't ask me every time to enter all the details, i think my e-mail server does not save my outlook password, am I wrong on this sentence or there may be any other problem.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Outlook Password does not saved when connecting to an e-mail server

If you have problems saving your e-mail account password, the Microsoft Windows Registry setting might be incorrect.

You might be unaware about the POP3 protocol Every time when you use Outlook to connect to your POP3,this works in the following ways -POP3 is a common protocol that is used to retrieve e-mail messages sent over an Internet e-mail server. E-mail account, you might be prompted for a password. Even though you selected the Remember this password check box, each time that you send or receive e-mail messages, you might be prompted for your password again.This may also happen because you use registry editor incorrectly, you might cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system.

Re: use password recovery software for Outlook

I will suggest you to go for the password recovery software for outlook express that will recovered all passwords instantly regardless of length. That will retrieve your password and you could use your e-mail account without losing any further data.

Re: Outlook Password does not saved when connecting to an e-mail server

If you are running Windows XP, you need to require administrator permissions to edit the system registry.

1. Go to Start program, click Run, type regedit in the Open box , and hit enter.
    2. enter the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
    3. go to Edit menu-> click Permissions->select registry key for the user to whom you wanted to assign the permissions. Then, make sure that the Read and Full Control permissions are both set to Allow.
    4. Next go to Advanced tab. Verify that the user who is currently logged in is selected, assign Full Control to the listed in the Permissions column, and don't forget to check This Key and Subkeys is listed in the Apply to column.
    5. select the Replace permission entries on all child objects select apply to child objects check box->select apply->continue