Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-05-2009

Close pop-up window and refresh parent page

I have created a program in javascript code but it gives the problem when i try to update my database and when i refreshed parent window and close the pop up it give me error 'window.opener.document' is null or not an object. I have created database, when user click the button in popup window the data belongs to that user wiil be update in the database.
Old 16-05-2009

Re: Close pop-up window and refresh parent page

In dot syntax, you go downward from parent object to children......window. Opener refers to the window from which your "pop up sprang" document refers to the html page.I'd suggest using document.getElementById() method to find the textbox. Usually like this: window.opener.document.getElementById("TextBoxRateLockDate").
Old 16-05-2009

try this to solve the problem :

try
{
if ( window.opener.document )
{
alert('solve the problem ');
}
}
catch(e)
{
alert('error problem not solved ');
}
Old 16-05-2009

Thanks for your help!
I have already tried all the suggestion and getting the same error'window.opener.document' is null or not an object.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,