Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-05-2009

AS3 netstream cuepoints to sync animation to Video

I am having a problem migrating my site files from AS2 scripted files to AS3 files.I have videos to encode but the flash video encoder and place a cue point event shows me the named ?start? in the beginning and ?end? ( you guessed it) at the end.

I have uploaded number of videos but does not able to implement some AS3 functionality but cant get the video to FLV Cue points to work.

I have search for the solution many time on the other forums for AS3 solution but my mind is not NetStreaming very well! Can some one help me solve this problem.Thanks lot.
Old 15-05-2009

Re: AS3 netstream cuepoints to sync animation to Video

To find my cuepoints i use this code:
Code:
nc.connect("rtmp://url", false);
var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc);
ns.setBufferTime(3);
my_video.attachVideo(ns);

ns.onCuePoint = function(infoObject:Object)
{
      if(infoObject.name == "cend")
       {
          ns.play("VideoUrl", null, null, false);
       }
}
ns.play("VideoUrl");
Old 15-05-2009

Video application which is used AS2 FLVPlayback component and actionscript generated cue points but when i search for the related problem over the internet it later found that NetStream doesn’t support actionscript generated cue points, only support embedded cue points that assigned when encoding.

According to as i have search on the internet it will be easy to detect cue points as they are having time parameters in seconds to find but it was strange that Adobe only implement them for NetStream, and not for their FLVPlayback component.
Old 15-05-2009

Does anyone has encountered a problem in AS3 with their video playback where the eventListener object cannot be access and a netStream is no longer be recognized once video playback has been paused and unpaused? And i also observed that this occur only with progressive downloads. and according to some blogs I re-attach the eventListener object when the user decides to unpause the video.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,