Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-05-2009

Permission denied to call method Location.toString

I am getting a strange error whenever I open my office website on Firefox. The error message that comes up:

Quote:
Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method Location.toString
Does any one know what this error means? Where the problem comes from? According to the message, I don't have rights to access something but I don't know what that something is. Can I ignore this message?
Old 15-05-2009

Re: Permission denied to call method Location.toString

This is a cross-site scripting security restriction. Basically the domains of the frames are from different domains, so the script(s) on one frame cannot read the url of the other. To read the url from each other, it need the websites userids and/or password. Thus the browser rejects it.
Old 15-05-2009

It happens when iframe's Flash files tries to get information from a place where they do not have permissions. It could happen with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3. In some other cases this message can be related to event handlers running in
closed windows.
Old 15-05-2009

Steps to resolve this issue:

1. Create an iframe on a page that has a different location (domain) than the parent page.
2. Load *any* flash file (regardless of publish-version target, EI, javascript, etc) into the iframe
3. Note the cryptic error in the Firefox Error Console. Ignore the cryptic error in the Error Console.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,