Thread: How to convert Excel file to XML format

How to convert Excel file to XML format

I wanted to developed two applications, one will be developed in PHP and the other will be in excel. Between these two parties, I Need to have synchronization i will prefer for XML format,but to implement that I need to import all the data from XML to excel format, I had no problem. Now, I have the reverse. Can I have someone to help me.

Thank you

Re: How to convert Excel file to XML format

You may get many situations where you need to validate the format of Excel data sheet against a specified XML schema. so you may also need to required to generate XML schema as per your requirement of an Excel Work Sheet. Once this has done then you will find the XML file and XML Schema based on provided range. Then requirement arise for Validation of Excel Worksheet/Workbook against the provided XML Schema.Then you need to make Provision of batch processing capability.

You need to save your excel file as .CSV that will be Comma Separated Values format. This will include only the data which would be having any format in the sense that table and the table type or any other information. you need to copy the script in an empty text file and save that file as AnyName.php. Then keep both the .CSV and .PHP files in the same location. Now Open the .PHP file to set the same name for your .CSV and .XML file and run the script again this will creates a XML file from the corresponding .CSV.

NOTE: Requires PHP >= 5.1

You may get many free software that will do the conversion of Excel file to XML format you don't need to follow any steps or nothing else, you just only need to give the file location and file type you want to have the conversion, this will saves your more time and effort as well.