Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2009

Cannot add new record to sub-form

I have created a form in which there are more 3 sub-form edit, add, delete form, But when i try to goto Add form and add some record over here i am able to add records but as soon i try to go in Edit Form i am not able to see any updates having over here.I don't know what's wrong can anyone tell me what i need to do in this case.
Old 12-05-2009

Re: Cannot add new record to sub-form

Click on EDIT button's and goto Click event procedure over here goto OpenForm line and make sure the Datamode argument is acFormEdit or not specified if the form's properties have bot AllowEdits and AllowAdditions set to Yes.
Old 12-05-2009

Re: Cannot add new record to sub-form

There would be some other issue too while updating any query with multitable.Multitable query can only be updateable if the joins are from fields with a unique key also try to right-click on the subform and select Form, now click on the data tab now say YES to Allow additions, Allow modifications, Allow deletions.Make sure that each column in the grid has Read-only set to No.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,