Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009

Image swapping with the different name in JSP

Hi

I uploaded images to the gallery, it may happen that same image may get uploaded several number of times but when this kind of situation arises each time it should allow the user to change its name with the help of javascript, this will be because we can add it same image for different purpose.

How could it possible please help.
Old 11-05-2009

Re: Image swapping with the different name in JSP

I have some doubt about the problem you have mentioned here:
what if any end user would upload same image (with same original name ) 100 times? and he forget to change the name of an Image and again the name for the image become one of the same as the other 99 images?
and to do that system keeps in memory the image name in it cache and it does not allow most of the time.
so think you should think of all these circumstances before going for this choice.
Old 11-05-2009

Re: Image swapping with the different name in JSP

I think you need to keep the code very customized to do so. that means when you check for page Source the listing should be in the JavaScript code next to the images being manipulated.
Second, the code which has been generated should be tested under the 5 principal browsers:which most popularly public uses Firefox 3, IE8, and Opera 9.5, and Safari 2.

I think the supporting for these images would only be possible wit the Internet explorer.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,