Thread: How to hide source code in JAVA

How to hide source code in JAVA

I created a JAVA application, I created a jar with eclipse. My problem is that the user, with the help of winrar software, is able to view the source code of the jar.

Can I resist it? I would like to know how to hide my source code. I have my login, password and my FTP host and it is completely secured.

Re: How to hide source code in JAVA

According to me, the only best way is to encrypt the data and it. Of course, the encryption key will be hard in your code. However the only problem in this is that if the user decrypts the bytecode, he/she could find the key and then find the login/password.

Actually, this happens because the JAR file is nothing but a good old ZIP and this is reason why any archiver such as WinRar can open them very easily. Generally jar file's contents can be governed by various specifications/archivers.

Quote Originally Posted by opaper View Post
    According to me, the only best way is to encrypt the data and it. Of course, the encryption key will be hard in your code. However the only problem in this is that if the user decrypts the bytecode, he/she could find the key and then find the login/password.
    I agree with this because without human intervention (like entering the password) there is no other way to secure the application. You can not ask the user to enter a password for your connection?

Why don't you do something like create another class and inherit all everything in it. Just ask the login, password and do the operations as per your requirement using the base class. You don't need to break anything, just a bytecode would be sufficient to invoke the right class and ask him to leave the password.

Duration of operation: 5 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the complexity of the code