Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009

Designing a new template in phpbb

hello

I want to make a phpbb page but can not find out proper way to create a new design for a template ,Or create a completely new one. It would be great if some one show some way thank you.
Old 07-05-2009

Re: Designing a new template in phpbb

There are many templates to PHPBB3, but difficult to find infoemasjon on how to create the.

1: You need a lot of knowledge about PHP.
2: Good database knowledge (MySQL, etc)
3: The web of knowledge. (Struktur. photo stock, rights etc)
4: Graphic expertise.
Old 07-05-2009

Note that the template subSilver is located in the templates folder. most of the files making up the pages of your phpBB are stored in the subSilver folder, but also there are two folders inside of subSilver admin and images, each containing additional files.

This structure is to check availability of templates ,it reads the folders inside of the templates folder. In this case, the only template available would be "subSilver". This structure is also how phpBB finds the files it needs. Also, please that spelling is very important to phpBB. As far as phpBB is concerned "subSilver", "Subsilver" and "SubSilver" are three different things.
Old 07-05-2009

i think you do not need much expertise in PHP to create such a theme, PHPBB saves a lot of variables in the code so it is easy to understand. This is almost what you need at least of, according to me
Again, this is NOK something you do not need, because the theme files have zero to do with your MySQL database.This is useful to be able to, especially with this to create / borrow image. Regardless, I think you should learn CSS first and foremost, you get nowhere without it.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,