Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009

Memory Allocation Techniques for declaring objects

Hello,

please provide me the details regarding declaring objects and how does it allocates memory to the declared objects? I suppose this is really worth discussing here because memory allocation to any object may be depend upon many thins such as it would be related to hardware as well as software...

please if anyone has any idea please let me know..
Old 04-05-2009

Re: Memory Allocation Techniques for declaring objects

As per my view the primary role of the memory management system for object is to satisfy the requests for memory allocation for the available programs. Sometimes it may happen that it would be implicit, when a new process is created. At other times, processes who explicitly request memory. Either way, the system must also locate enough allocated memory and assign it to the process.
Old 04-05-2009

Re: Memory Allocation Techniques for declaring objects

I will provide you the list of memory allocation techniques and these are as follows:
  1. Free Space Management
  2. Fragmentation
  3. Partitioning
  4. Selection Policies
    • First Fit
    • Next Fit
    • Best Fit
    • Worst Fit
  5. Buddy System Management
  6. Overallocation Techniques

Each of the above has some relevance to their techniques which is not possible to explain here.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,