Thread: Excel cannot see entire contents of a cell

Excel cannot see entire contents of a cell

Hi Everyone,
    I use excel 2003, it is one of the first times that I use it and I know a little. I opened a excel file again, and I started a table. In a cell, I wrote a fairly long content, which lies entirely in the formula bar but not in full in the table cell. There are characters 1447 text, displayed in the formula bar but not in the cell which displays only 1094 text. I made an automatic referral to the line to take in my table but I do not think it has a report. Is it a limit of excel I can not change, or is there a way to increase the number of characters that can be displayed in a cell?
    Thank you for your help!
    "Freely you have received, freely give." -- Jesus Christ

Re: Excel cannot see entire contents of a cell

Underline all or selected cell contents

Do one of the following:
    To underline all text or numbers in a cell or range (range: Two or more cells on a sheet. The cells in a range can be adjacent or nonadjacent.) of cells, select that cell or range of cells.

How to select a cell or range
    To underline just a portion of the contents in a cell, double-click that cell, and then select the text or numbers that you want to underline.

Note: If editing in a cell is turned on, you can select the cell contents by double-clicking the cell. If editing in a cell is turned off, you can click the cell and then select the text or numbers that you want to underline in the formula bar (formula bar: A bar at the top of the Excel window that you use to enter or edit values or formulas in cells or charts. Displays the constant value or formula stored in the active cell.). You can also press F2 to edit the active cell, use the arrow keys to place the insertion point, and then use SHIFT+ARROW KEYS to select the contents.

More information here.

Is it in page break view. Look at the view menu.
    Have you tried moving the Zoom slider - lower right corner.

You may copy the entire contents of a cell by highlighting it with your cursor and pressing the control - C key combination. There is no need to use the edit key.