Thread: How to restore database in SQL Server 2005

How to restore database in SQL Server 2005

Hello,

I have created 5 to 10 tables, each table containing 25 records plus rows and along with that 7 users, I made some changes to the database and forget to save the changes made to the database, when i again login to the database i was unable to see the changes made to the database, can someone please let me know how to restore database in SQL Server 2005.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Re: How to restore database in SQL Server 2005

If you've tried to backup a database in SQL Server 2005, you should keep in mind that database backups are not backward compatible. However, but with SQL Server 2008 Management Studio, you are allow to script data and schemas in SQL Server 2005 mode but for that you need to have SQL Management Studio. This Solution gives you the steps to back up of the database on SQL Server 2008 and restore it to SQL Server 2005.

And with this wizard if you wanted to create the scripts, you have to run the "Generate SQL Server Scripts" wizard, which you can run within SQL Server Management Studio by right clicking on the database and selecting "Tasks –> Generate Scripts."

I have some doubt in my mind related to restoring database in SQL Server 2005.Infact,these are doubts but the pre-requisite you need to complete.

1. Have u tried WITH REPLACE clause in your RESTORE DATABASE command? If not, then use it. If you still get errors, provide me with the following information:

The output of the following command:
    RESTORE FILELISTONLY FROM YourDBBackupFile_name.BAK
    2. From the Target Server (on which you want to restore the database), send the output commands as given below:
    Code:
    USE DBName — (Existing target database name)
    GO
    SELECT name, filename FROM SYSFILES
    NB: and for that you need to know the target database files

3. Is the existing target database OR a copy of the database backup you want to restore or is it some different database altogether?

Waiting for your reply.
    Regards

Janupagla Guest

Your database is down, your users are in a panic, what do you do?. If you have been performing routine backups of your database, you can restore it to the point of the most recent backup. To restore your database, follow these steps:

1. Open SQL Server 2005 Management Stu