Thread: connection problem with MySql

connection problem with MySql

I have an embarrassing problem when I try to connect to my MySql DB I will explain:
    I developed an application on Visual C # Express 2008 with a target framework 2.0 (therefore compatible mono) and I connected to MySql bd this is with the help of MySql.data.dll which I added the reference.

When I compiled it gives me the following problem please look at it whether i have any solution on it.

Code:
     System. DllNotFoundException: kernel32. Dll 
        at (wrapper managed-to-native) MySql. Data. Common. Semaphore: CreateSemaphore (MySql. Data. Common. SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES &, int, int, string) 
        at MySql. Data. Common. Semaphore .. ctor (Int32 initialCount, Int32 maximumCount) [0x00000] 
        at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MySql. Data. Common. Semaphore:. ctor (int, int) 
        at MySql. Data. mysqlclient. MySqlPool .. ctor (MySql. Data. mysqlclient. MySqlConnectionString settings) [0x00000] 
        at MySql. Data. mysqlclient. MySqlPoolManager. GetPool (MySql. Data. mysqlclient. MySqlConnectionString settings) [0x00000] 
        at MySql. Data. mysqlclient. MySQLConnect. Open () [0x00000]
    I even tried to kernel32.dll at the root of the executable to see what happens but even raised an exception ...

Please help...

Re: connection problem with MySql

As long as you use only 2.0 of the framework classes, you are roughly compatible for Mono ... but if you use the external library and that it refers to native Windows DLL, it works more friendly. You can perhaps recover with Wine (I saw Linux running a large complex Windows application with Mono + successful).

Otherwise,I have one doubt in my mind, what is your Client? Is the. NET connector official?