Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-04-2009

Deployment and DLL

Hello,

Here is my problem: I am developing a C plug-in for math software (Mathcad). This plug-in is in the form of a DLL, compiled with a library provided by the manufacturers of the software. My DLL is developed under Visual Studio, I use the intel compiler libraries intel + 2 (TBB and MKL).

Everything works fine on my development machine. But I must give this DLL file to people who do not have development environment installed. Here and there no longer works. To make my tests, I installed a PC with only zero software Mathcad. Even making a simple test without incorporating the Intel libraries, nothing works. I watched with TaskList DLLs loaded by Mathcad on my development machine, then I looked on the same machine that was responsible by removing my DLL to look for differences, which are DLLs loaded by my own DLL . I thought that copying the DLL in question (eg MSVCRT90.DLL) in any march or Windows/System32/directory they are not. I also tried to copy the DLL in question in the same directory as the plug-in, and Mathcad gives me an error "Runtime Error R6034 - An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information. " Or if I am mistaken, the "support team" is not supposed to be me?

Have you an avenue to be explored to understand what is happening?

Thanking you in advance ...
Old 28-04-2009

Re: Deployment and DLL

You have to install the vc_redist on machines that will be running with your application.

The info that date in VC6 but the same barrel for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008. Microsoft + vcredist should help you.
Old 28-04-2009

Thank you for the quick response. I was dropped on the page, but I thought it was specific to Visual Studio 6.
With the keyword "redist" i get some idea from the following link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I have a question a little deeper into what makes this package a part recopying DLL "? Are there any entries in the registry for example?
Moreover, this solution is proprietary to Microsoft DLL. Is that when using non microsoft DLL (in my case the DLL intel) there is always a "redist" available?
Thank you again ...
Old 28-04-2009

Quote:
I have a question a little deeper into what makes this package a part recopying DLL "? Are there any entries in the registry for example?
It is probably something else (regsitry) because the simple file copy is not enough.

Quote:
Moreover, this solution is proprietary to Microsoft DLL. Is that when using non microsoft DLL (in my case the DLL intel) there is always a "redist" available?
I would say that this solution should be applied to all applications / DLL / widgets developed with Visual Studio
Old 28-04-2009

Well after some testing this is what emerges:
As you have indicated, we must retrieve the "redist" specific to Visual Studio for employee development. In my CASN I typed "redist visual studio 2008" in google, which sent me here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

On this link you can download the "redist" appropriate. However it is the only oddity that I noticed on the use of external DLL. Regarding the book I use intel for example silly just to copy the DLL Windows/System32/directory useful.

Well now everything works fine, thank you for your help.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,