Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-04-2009

angry Update problem with .NET Framework 3.5

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to update my .NET Framework 3.5 on my pc. The problem is that just last night i had a windows update scan on my system. While doing that i got two updates poped-up on my screen, so i had started the download process for the above two pop-ups. The downloading process was completed with out having any problem, then the two of them seems to need a reboot in order to complete the installation process. But, now the problem is that when i look for more updates the same old two seems to be poping-up on the screen. I don't understand even after updating both of them why are they coming back on my pc? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 28-04-2009

Re: Update problem with .NET Framework 3.5

Instead of updating while online, try downloading the full installer files to your desktop, then run them?

Here are those links. Since the error you've given indicates a 32 bit system, I'll give 32 bit links:

Clicking on the link below will immediately open the download dialogue window for NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

Download all three files at the bottom of the page and install them in order: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows Vista x86, and Windows Server 2008 x86 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 28-04-2009

Re: Update problem with .NET Framework 3.5

Some Vista updates seem to hang up in between, and in this instance, that may have been exacerbated by running an application dependent on the runtimes. For Your Information you shouldn't have uninstalled so far back, versions are independent. Quickest way to fix,Google 'fileforum autopatcher updater' and run that application. Select all net components even if they're listed as already installed. It runs the installers with necessary switches / cleans up partial installs getting in the way.

A side benefit of this is that the patcher will likely provide you some other updates / patches missing, it fixes and picks up after Windows Update.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,