Thread: What is Global Variable static? Declaring static variable instead of Global variable

What is Global Variable static? Declaring static variable instead of Global variable

Hello,

What is Global variable static? I have heard about the Global variable,does static variable different than Global variable, and what effect it will reflect if I replace Global static variable with the Global variable.
    I think there would be very little difference between them, please suggest some points related to this.

Thanks

Re: What is Global Variable static? Declaring static variable instead of Global variable

Following is the Use of declaring a global variable static

static prevents the variable from having external linkage.
    In C, variables have scope and linkage, neither of which is called "global."

A static variable (for instance, a singleton) is a common Java way of achieving this. I have found however, that a more elegant way in Android is to associate your state with the Application context.

As you know, each Activity is also a Context, which is information about its execution environment in the broadest sense. Your application also has a context, and Android guarantees that it will exist as a single instance across your application.

Re: What is Global Variable static? Declaring static variable instead of Global variable

Static remains throughout the program, however its scope is limited to that file alone. If a program consists of multiple files, you want a variable to be seen by the entire file and do not want that variable to be seen by the other files, then mark is as static.

static int a;

as a global variable

A static global variable is a single variable and a private member of a class has a separate instance for every instance of the class. And using static global vars is definitely not OOP (besides the fact that anyone can modify it if he/she has access to it).