Thread: About object repository,virtual objects

About object repository,virtual objects

I had created a TAB that inturn calls the backend procedure but the problem is that QTP does not recognize. So I have decided to declare a Virtual Object. But still managing that am not able to push it into the 'OBJECT REPOSITORY'. I know this is possible way through which I can achieve this but am not able to recollect how to do this. Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Re: About object repository,virtual objects

I found the following 3 points important about the Object repository and for virtual object.
    • While writing the script we need to add the objects to the repository manually
    • While defining the virtual object by using wizard it will automatically added to the repository.
    • We go for virtual object wizard only when the QTP is unable to identify the object.

Re: About object repository,virtual objects

I don't want to runaway from your question, but using Virtual Objects is not advisable and should be left as a final resource. You see, actually QTP treats virtual objects analogically, meaning that the keyboard/mouse operations on the mapped surface trigger events related to the virtual object's class. But changes in size and position render your efforts worthless.

So, if you have difficulties with identifying an object, make sure you've made everything possible before getting into the Virtual Objects domain. If you think you must use them, then I'll try to help you.