Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-04-2009

Problem with the file MO21Legend.dll

Hello,

I created a VB6 application and I use the component "Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)". Installing the application on a user with my administrator rights, after I ask the user (with rights users) to connect to the post and running the application. He gets the message from the MO21Legend.dll
Thereafter I reconnect to the post with my administrator account and I run the application, it opens, I farm. The user reconnects to the post and the application works. I wanted to know if you know another solution?

Thank you
Old 23-04-2009

Re: Problem with the file MO21Legend.dll

Executables generated by VB6 require the presence of some files at runtime, otherwise they will refuse to start. The easiest way to distribute an application is to create a setup.exe that will install the application with all the files necessary for its proper functioning. It takes just a few clicks with the Packaging Wizard that comes with VB6 (Start> Programs> VB6> Tools> packaging).
Old 23-04-2009

Re: Problem with the file MO21Legend.dll

Not quite my case ...

Actually I have mixed two issues ...

The error message I stated above appears when a control taken at a distance.

The error message about the problem from above is a bit different and a target file (MO21Legend.dll) used by the application.

I will still try to create a setup.exe. And I will open a new discussion for another problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,