Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-04-2009

Effect of transaction on inventory

hie everyone,

I have to make a mini-project on inventory database in my college. I want to know when the transaction happens within these inventory databases, how the inventory database is affected overall ? What is the effect of transaction on the inventory ?
Any information.....kindly help
Old 21-04-2009

Re: Effect of transaction on inventory

Here are some of the guidelines that might help you ....

A conceptual model of storage behavior is developed. Optimal intertemporal pricing is derived to analyze the effects of transaction costs on storage and arbitrage pricing. It is shown how transaction costs can rationalize the existence of an inverse carrying charge for inventory. The empirical results suggest that transaction costs have a significant influence on storage behavior and intertemporal arbitrage pricing.
Old 21-04-2009

Re: Effect of transaction on inventory

In an inventory database, when a transaction happens, many things within the database is affected at once....say for example, when a good is sold - that particular good is added in a sales table and at the same time it is deducted from the stocks table. Also, the stocks table is checked for the minimum quantity, if it goes beyond that then the trigger occurs for demanding more goods. Also, the cost is affected and many more......

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,